As you go throughout life, you will run into situations where you just won’t feel like you have enough strength to make it through. You can try to muster up you own strength to push through, but the truth is that there is no better place to get you strength, than from God. There are scriptures you can read, affirmations that you can say, but more importantly you should talk to God and pray for strength. Still, sometimes you might wonder what you should pray. Enjoy this excerpt, below of Prayers for Strength, from my book Being Mrs. Mom the Not So Average Superwoman.
In this excerpt there are prayers that you can pray that focus on different areas your life, relationships, and focus. I encourage you to make time daily to pray these prayers. They are based on scripture and I’m sure that they will bless you.
Prayers for Strength
- Lord, You are the source of my strength. I will sing of Your praise daily. When life get hard and I have to walk in faith, help me to remember that you are with me and have fully equipped me for every good work.
- Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight Lord, for you are my Strength. Help me not to be anxious or to worry about anything. Help me to cast my cares upon you daily and to seek first Your kingdom. You told me that you would supply all of my needs, so I look to You as my Provider. Help me to trust you when it is hard and I am tempted to fear.
- God, You are my strength and power, and You make my way blameless. When I am overwhelmed and feel like I can’t go on, remind me to put on the armor of God and to remove the cape, if I have attempted to put it on again.
- You have girded me with strength for the battle, Lord. You have subdued under me those that have risen up against me. When the enemy comes in to my life and situations, like a flood, You said that You would lift up a standard against him. Help me to trust you and stand in prayer, as I await your salvation. Thank you for fighting my battles.
- Lord, I trust you for my family and my personal protection. I will not be afraid of the terror by night, or the arrows by day. I will not fear what could be done to me. I will not seek to defend myself. Help me to stand on Your word and to be reminded that You have placed Your hedge of protection around me and my family. Help me to remember that You will keep us safe from all hurt harm and danger. Thank you for not appointing me to wrath, but instead redeeming me and my family to yourself.
- Father, help me to love what You love and to hate what You hate. Let my joy be found in You and in Your strength. Be to me as you were to the Israel, a Strong Tower and Defense. Remind me daily of your loving-kindness and tender mercies.
- You have commanded me to be strong and of good courage. Help me to not be afraid or dismayed. Help me to remember that You are with me, wherever I go.
- Father, You have equipped me for every good work. Help me not to take on more than you have given me to do. Help me to walk in the Spirit and not according to the flesh. Help me to not be deceived by the enemy, but to gird my loins with truth.
- Bless me with your peace, as I make prayerfully make decisions. Help me to support my husband, encourage and guide my children, and disciple the women that you place in my path. I desire to fulfill your great commission, but I need Your help. Help me to accept what you give me and to rest in You, as I do your will.
- Father, I place all that I am and all that I have into your hands. Let me remain in right standing with you. Let me always seek to build a relationship with you. When it is all over, I want to hear You say that You knew me well. I want to hear your say, “well done, My good and faithful servant.” For this reason, I will not despise your chastisement, but instead I will embrace your leading with follow you obediently. Give me the strength to walk out your calling on my life and empower me to be the woman that you have called me to be.
Pray these things in Jesus’ name. Amen.
I hope that you enjoyed this excerpt. Don’t miss out on Being Mrs. Mom the Not So Average Superwoman. I’m sure that you’ll be blessed and encouraged by it.