As a mother, with four children, I know that it is hard to send my babies out into the world. Daycare, school, events, none of this is easy. We are charged, as moms, with one of the best and hardest callings in the world. We are called to nurture and love our children; to help them become who God has created them to be. We carry our children within our wombs, as they grow. Once they are born, we raise them, as best as we know how, loving them and protecting them from danger. We teach them how to live. We show them how to love. We train them and coach them to be who God has created them to be. Yet, we can’t keep them in our physical arms forever.
One of the first challenges of a working mother, a mother going to college, or even one that volunteers, is putting her baby in daycare. If a mother happens to avoid that one, she will soon face the challenge of sending her 4 or 5 year old to preschool or kindergarten. If a mother chooses to homeschool, she still does not escape the challenge of raising her child and slowly allowing him or her to go off into the world and explore through social connections. We haven’t even talked about high school, college, or adulthood.
We hear the news reports. They aren’t fun to listen to or read. Children go through so much today and it is very public. Turn on the nightly news and hear of manipulation, abuse, scandal, kidnappings. If one is not careful, a mother could have a panic attack trying to figure out how she could protect her babies from all of these troubles and more befalling them. Will they become sick? She wonders, am I a good mother? Will I do them any justice? However, she forgets one thing. It is not her call to protect her child all of the time, throughout the entire duration life. She is not God. However, she forgets one thing. She is not God. Click To TweetShe has to do what the Bible says.
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.~Philippians 4:6, 7
We can all use a little peace. Add with the stress of the world and the cares of this life, we could definitely use a lot of peace. This peace does not just come. You have to do something in order for this peace to even begin to come your way. You have to be willing to give God the things that you are most concerned about. In this case, your children and their futures need to handed over to the Lord. I want to help with this today.
There are key scriptures that I have prayed over my children for the past 14 years. When situations arise and fear attempts to grip me, I have to remind myself of what the Lord has said. He would not leave me nor forsake me. (Deuteronomy 31:6) I have had to speak, pray, and meditate on the promises of God. I have to remind myself that God is faithful and that all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us. (2 Corinthians 1:20) I have to praise Him, when I recognize His faithfulness. So, what exactly does His word promise? I am going to share 10 prayers with you that are directly related to the scriptures in the bible and God’s promises to us, who believe. The prayers are in bold and the scriptural references follow them. When you pray these prayers, pray them out loud. Get them ingrained in your heart, so that you pray them with faith and without any doubt. (James 1:8)
- Lord let my children be taught by You and give them great peace. Let all who have a hand in teaching them, be ordained by you. Isaiah 54:13 “All of your children shall be taught by the Lord, and great shall be the peace of your children.”
- Lord keep my children safe from all hurt, harm, and danger. Place your hedge of protection around them. Let no evil befall them and no plague or calamity come near to their dwelling. Keep them safely under the shadow of Your mighty wing of protection. Psalm 91:10 “No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling” (I recommend that you read all of Psalm 91)
- Lord bless my children, for they are the fruit of my body. Give them increase as you have given increase to me. Deuteronomy 28:4 “Blessed shall be the fruit of your body, the produce of your ground and the increase of your herds, the increase of your cattle and the offspring of your flocks.”
- Lord help my children to be strong and courageous. Let no man be able to stand before them, all of the days of their lives. Be with them as you were with Moses and remind them that you will never leave them or forsake them. Bless them with the fruit of the spirit. Let them not be overtaken by fear, but instead allow them to live in power, in love, and with a sound mind. Joshua 1:5 “No man shall be able to stand before you all the days of your life; as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you nor forsake you. ” Galatians 5:22-23; 2 Timothy 1:7; 1 Corinthians 15:33
- Let each one of my children, (Insert names here), increase in wisdom and in stature and in favor with You, God, and with man, even as Jesus did. Let them keep good company because you said in Your word that bad company corrupts good character. Luke 2:52 “And Jesus increased in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and man.”
- Father, all of the days of their lives, give them a heart to delight themselves in You, Lord; and give them the desires of their hearts. Psalm 37:4 “Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.”
- As they grow and learn, give them wisdom Lord. No matter if they turn to the right or to the left, let their ears hear Your voice behind them saying, “This is the way; walk in it,” and may they follow you all of the days of their lives because you are their Shepherd. Isaiah 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Psalm 23
- Father I ask you to forgive all of their iniquities, heal all of their diseases, redeem their lives from destruction, clothe them with lovingkindness and tender mercies, satisfy their mouths with good things, and renew them continually. Psalm 103
- Help them to retain the knowledge of You, God, and do not give them over to a reprobate mind. Instead, keep their minds, by the power of your Holy Spirit. Let no weapon formed against them prosper and every tongue that rises up against them in judgement be condemned. Help them continually to put on the armor of God that they may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Ephesians 6:10-18; Romans 1:28; Ephesians 1:13; John 17:11-12; Isaiah 54:17
- Help me and those that you have ordained, to train them up in the way that they should go, so that they will not depart from that way, when they are older. If you have it for my child/children to be married, prepare a spouse for my child and prepare my child. I pray that they would both love you, Lord and not be given over to sinful pleasures or the works of the flesh. I come against the spirit of fornication, sexual immorality, divorce, confusion, rejection, and separation on behalf of my child and his/her future marriage, right now. In the name of Jesus, I tell these mountains to move and I believe that they shall be moved. In Jesus name, I pray all of these things. Amen Proverbs 22:6; 2 Corinthians 6:14; Acts 10:2; Ephesians 5:18; Matthew 22:37; Matthew 21:21; 1 Corinthians 6:18-20; Hebrews 13:4; 1 Corinthians 7:2
Rest assured that God will hear each one of your prayers. Click To Tweet Pray them in faith, knowing that He cares about you and everyone & thing the you care about. I tell you this; the Lord is faithful. He is not a man that He should lie and like one of my favorite scriptures says, if you put your faith and trust in the Lord, you will not be put to shame. (Romans 10:11)
I would recommend that you pray these prayers over your children daily. Watch as the Lord fulfills His promises to you and your children.
I hope that you were blessed and encouraged by this.
Did you know that I am working on my first book?
You can find out more below or by checking out the PreOrder My Book page