This is one of my family’s favorite recipes. It is the Breakfast Quiche with turkey bacon. I often make it with green peppers, mushrooms, and onions. However my children don’t like the extra veggies, so I occasionally add them to half of the dish, for my those of us who like it.
A full list of the ingredients are below the video.
I hope enjoy it.
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 1h
- Total Time: 1h 15m
- Serves: 6 People
- Yield: 6 Slices in a Round Dish and 12 Portions in a Rectangular Baking Dish
- Category: Breakfast
- 6 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 package Shredded Hashrounds
- 2 cups Shredded Cheese (Sargento Cheese was used in the recipe and I recommend it)
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 Pam Spray
- 1 package Turkey Bacon
- 1 dash Salt
- 1 dash Pepper
- 1 cup Diced Vegetables (Green Peppers & Mushrooms) - Optional
- 1 Onions, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Spray baking dish with Pam spray.
- Melt the Butter in a microwavable dish, inside of the microwave.
- On medium heat, place turkey bacon in a frying pan to cook, until desired crisp.
- Add package of hashrounds to the baking dish and spread evenly. Pour butter over the hash rounds and evenly distribute as evenly as possible. Place in the oven for 10 minutes while you prep the remaining items.
- Chop onions and additional vegetables, if they are to be included in the dish. Chop cooked turkey bacon, creating bacon bits. Set these items aside.
- In as medium bowl, mix 6 eggs with the 1/2 cup of milk, dash of salt and pepper
- Remove hash rounds from the oven and set on an oven mitt or other temperature holding device. Add the optional vegetable. I separated my dish in half because we have family members that don't like onions.
- Evenly Spread the Shredded cheese evenly to the top of the hash round/veggie layer in the baking dish. Pour in the milk and egg mixture, distributing it evenly across the dish.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Checking the middle of the quiche with a butter knife or tooth pick to make sure that it comes out dry. Towards the end of the baking process, you can remove the aluminum foil and continue baking, to get a little crunch on top of the quiche.
- Allow to cool. Cut into sections and enjoy.